Sunday, August 7, 2011

Oh, the places I go - in Park County, MT

Plein Air On The Yellowstone has begun. It's an annual week long plein air painting event that I've participated in for the last couple years, organized by the Livingston Center for Art and Culture. Throughout the week, participating artists paint outside 'en plein air' in Park County Montana. At the end of the week, we all frame and exhibit up to 3 of our (wet) paintings. It's a lot of fun and draws a good crowd for the Reception & Show, which is Friday August 12th from 5:30 PM - 9 PM at the Livingston Center on Main Street in Livingston, Montana.

Since Friday August 12th is supposed to be the 'unveiling' of our work, I thought it would be interesting to NOT post my paintings here until AFTER the Reception. But, I'll post some photos of 'the places I go' and you can guess which would make the best paintings. Don't hesitate to let me know which spots you choose - it may help me to decide on 'the final three' that make the cut!

Park County is a VERY big and VERY beautiful county with a lot to choose from - Wilsall, to Livingston, to Gardiner and onto Cooke City. Here are some photos from my ramblings the last couple days throughout Park County Montana...

Looking south down Paradise Valley over the Yellowstone River

Near the northeastern edge of Yellowstone National Park at Warm Creek

A Cafe in Silver Gate Montana
(sometimes the scenes that catch my eye need some 'editing', but the bones are good)

Sunrise on Electric Peak
Hope you can make it to the Livingston Center for Art and Culture on Friday August 12th for the 'unveiling'. The exhibit will be hung through Saturday August 13th (11 AM - 5 PM). If you can't make either of those days, I'll post the results here after the fact.

No comments: