Monday, August 8, 2011

More than meets the eye...

Sometimes decisions aren't made for purely artistic reasons around here. Really. This morning, we needed more sand to make cement for a stone project we have going at the house. We get it by the pick up truck load in Livingston - which is at the northern end of Paradise Valley from us - in Park County.

Soooo....guess where I chose to paint this morning?? Yes! Paradise Valley or Livingston. But I got lucky. The sunrise was phenomenal. I won't give away which spot I chose to paint at (until this weekend) - but here are some of my choices I had this morning....

The AMAZING sunrise this morning. Look at that light on the clouds!

Backlit trees - I like the shapes they create against the sky and distant mountains.

Morning colors over the Yellowstone River. Good shape possibilities with the contrast of lights and darks.

A calm horizontal scene with beautifully subtle colors and shapes.

I know - but from a strictly shapes, lighting and colors perspective - this one looks fun. A very interesting composition. Great variety in the positive and negative shapes.

Wonderful light, interesting colors and a good drawing challenge. A "Livingston" statement.


No comments: