Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Let the wildflowers begin!

These are photos I took on a one hour hike on the Rescue Creek Trail in Yellowstone National Park - half an hour in, half an hour out.  The trail head is just over a mile from our place. I didn't have much spare time, but I wanted to stretch my legs and soak up some of the beautiful weather today while checking out the current wildflower show.... because wildflowers in Yellowstone are spectacular! Usually, July is about peak. But they aren't too bad now either...

(PS. I didn't pass one person on the trail. It may be summer in Yellowstone, but you can still have hiking trails to yourself. But don't let that get out.)
This was a photo I took this morning at sunrise during my morning plein air painting expedition. I was at the edge of Swan Lake in Yellowstone. The Shooting Stars were in full bloom, so I thought I'd add it to my 'wildflowers of the day' collection...

Our Yellowstone Zoo -  
photos from our windows....

I'm still stalking the birds around our property - with my camera. Here are a few action shots of a Willow Flycatcher. They eat small flying insects and are a lot of fun to watch when feeding...

No comments: