Friday, March 15, 2013

Painting in the Park

What a WONDERFUL day to plein air paint in Yellowstone. One of those first warm spring days AND I had the Park to myself.

Well, just about. March is one of the quietest times in the Park. Not many people around at all. They don't know what they're missing!

When it's this quiet, I often paint the 'easy access spots' that can be crowded in other seasons. Today I headed to Palette Spring - right up the boardwalk from Liberty Cap in Mammoth.

It's a gorgeous spot on the Terraces - lots of water flowing right now.

Palette Spring
Look at that beautiful turquoise blue water of the pool.

My palette in front of Palette Spring.

My finished study of Palette Spring

And wildlife was everywhere. Remember, I only live about 5 miles from Mammoth. But you can see a lot in those 5 miles! Here's just a small sampling of what I saw...

Pronghorn


Elk


Bison scratching on the picnic tables in Mammoth.
Hey, when no one is around, why not?!

It's GREAT when you can finally take the gloves off for plein air painting.
Can't wait to get back out there!

No comments: