Thursday, January 31, 2013

And the winner is...

We have a tie!

Progress Report:
The colors have been chosen. - Painting the accent wall.

I decided to choose 2 paint colors for the walls of the studio. Why just choose one, when I could have 2?! (Remember, I also have 2 kids. Maybe there's a personality quirk in there I need to get over?) Anyway....

For most of the walls I chose a very neutral 'tan-ish grey-ish' - that's an artist's technical color term :) In my last blog - see the sample colors image - it's the color on the left with the painting leaning against it. If you want the real name and all the info, comment below and let me know -  I'm happy to share.

But for one wall, I went for the accent. I really do love paintings hung on dark walls. We have one in the gallery that I really like. Our dark wall in the gallery, has some purple undertones, where this one.... pure espresso / dark chocolate.

BTW - In Southwest Art Magazine's February issue, I just saw an article on Scott Burdick and Susan Lyon's studio . Both are using that 'grey green' wall color I mentioned in my last blog, that is popular for many artist studios. If you want to see a couple photos (and the article), click on the link from their names above.

Our Yellowstone Zoo
- photos from our windows -


 
 
An elk herd has been across the river for a few days now. Bedding down there for the night too. I always enjoy watching the herd slowly waking in the morning and all returning to grazing. Been a treat to watch them out the studio windows, while we're working away.

No comments: