Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mount Washburn - where the wildflowers are

An absolutely amazing spot to paint - This morning, the wind was calm, the temperature was comfortable, and the views were spectacular over the fog filled valley. The top of Mt. Washburn is at 10,243 ft. - I wasn't at the peak painting, but I could still see the Tetons that are 50 miles away! (They are to the right of the scene I painted.)

Looking out from my easel....

Mount Washburn Views   6" x 6"   Plein Air   Oil   by Shirl Ireland

AND looking down at my feet....
The area around Mt. Washburn is one of my favorite spots for wildflowers. There's a wide variety blooming right now.
If I could only get my garden to look so good! 

For a breathtaking fireweed display - check out the views around Antelope Creek (near the road from Tower to Mt. Washburn). It's FILLED with fireweed.

Fireweed - from the Evening-Primrose family

But, hurry - it will be going, going gone soon.....

No comments: