Monday, July 11, 2011

I love Montana!

Have I mentioned... I love Montana? I've found a new favorite spot - but I'm very fickle with that. Every new spot becomes my 'favorite of the moment'.

We live surrounded by glorious landscapes - it's hard to choose! On one side of us is Yellowstone National Park, the other side is Gallatin National Forest. There's a lot of ground to cover in our hiking boots! Now, we have one more trail under our belt...

It was an absolutely gorgeous hike - one of those perfect evenings. I couldn't count how many times my son said "I love this place". I'd have to agree.
Our destination was the OTO Ranch in the Gallatin National Forest - the first dude ranch in Montana. It's listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. The main lodge was completed in 1917.
There are many other cabins and outbuildings on the property. Here are just a few...
It was a beautiful sunset on the way out - which made for a great end to a wonderful hike.
Ahhh, Montana.....


No comments: