Monday, June 6, 2011

Yellowstone Squared continues....

I'm still 'picking away' at my Yellowstone Squared project. I definitely want some moodiness in there. At times, Yellowstone can have an almost surreal quality that I want to be sure to convey. When I have Yellowstone Squared completed and assembled, it needs to depict different seasons, night and day, snowy and sunny, misty and clear, etc. etc. My goal is to show the full scale and vast scope of Yellowstone. I want to have it ALL in there, not just those blue sky moments. So here's a little 'moodiness' to add to the project....
6" x 6" oil on linen by Shirl Ireland
- part of my Yellowstone Squared project
Our Yellowstone Zoo
I've been stalking birds on our property. I love this time of year for it. The variety of the birds is amazing. We've had some Western Tanagers, Yellow-rumped Warblers and Lazuli Bunting that have passed through lately. Here are my best shots so far....
Western Tanager - male
Yellow-rumped Warbler in flight

Yellow-rumped Warbler - you can see where he got his name.
(Another fitting name... they are sometimes call "Butter-butts".)

Western Tanager male, having a 'family dispute' with the Western Tanager female at our bird feeder.

Yellow-rumped Warbler
I'm still at it, so there may be more to come....stay tuned.


No comments: