Thursday, May 26, 2011

Got 'em!

6" x 6" oil on linen by Shirl Ireland




6" x 6" oil on linen by Shirl Ireland
A couple more additions to my "Yellowstone Squared" project.

Our Yellowstone Zoo - right out our windows....


It's amazing we can get anything else done around here, other than just watching the wildlife action out the windows! Luckily, I had my camera in hand while we were watching pronghorn across the river in Yellowstone. I was taking some shots of them, when John saw an Osprey dive out the corner of his eye. I've been trying to get some good shots of an osprey holding a fish. Hard to do - they fish a lot on this section of the river, so we get to see it fairly often but it's FAST action. This was one of my better efforts. He flew right by us holding his new 'catch of the day'. (John's thinking it would be a great sculpture, so you may see some clay studies of it soon.)




No comments: