Sunday, April 24, 2011

Yellowstone Easter Eggs

A new ‘spring series’ I started this week at the Yellowstone Heritage and Research Center..... It seemed like a good week to paint eggs. At first, I thought I’d go to the Yellowstone Heritage and Research Center and “paint some eggs for Easter”. (Of course, not the way most people paint eggs for Easter). But, when I started looking at the variety and subtle coloring of all the eggs in their collection, and then the beautiful nests too – how can you stop at just one?!  So, I’m off on a new spring series – eggs and nests of Yellowstone birds. And what a good day to kick it off!

This is a photo of my current subject. The painting is in progress. The nest with eggs belonged to a Cassin’s Finch. The two eggs below the nest (one is broken) are from a Cooper’s Hawk. The small eggs on the top right are from a Yellow-headed Blackbird. Below them are American Crow eggs. And the large egg is from an American White Pelican.
Hope you had fun this week painting eggs too. Happy Easter!

No comments: