Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A busy September

It's been a busy month and a REALLY busy week around here. So busy it's hard to find the time to post. So I'll do a bit of a catch up - 2 for 1...
I finished my copy of the 1887 Stewart Yellowstone Falls painting. I made the painting different dimensions, so it's not an 'exact' copy, but it was a lot of fun to try to paint his painting and I feel like I learned some things too. I'll be doing more! I've been re-reading Composition of Outdoor Painting by Edgar Payne and he believes an artist should create a large collection of copied paintings as a great learning tool - I'd have to agree!
This past weekend we also also headed down to Jackson Hole to catch a bit of the Fall Arts events going on in September. So much art to see, so little time! There is certainly a lot of eye candy between here and there - both in the landscape and the art. You can't have a bad time! Even though we've seen the Tetons many many times, they are always stunning and gorgeous in a different way. Since I've also been copying some Moran paintings, I thought a photo of 'his' mountain in the Tetons is only appropriate. This photo is of Mt. Moran at sunrise. No matter how many times you see these mountains, you can't get tired of the view....


No comments: