Monday, February 9, 2009

To Old Faithful By Snowcoach

What a wonderful weekend - and I'm not just talking about the weather. We went into Old Faithful via snowcoach. I painted the sunrise on Old Faithful erupting. My early bird tendencies were rewarded by getting the place to ourselves! The frost and fog around the geyser area was gorgeous - making the whole scene surreal. Later in the day, as the temperatures warmed up, the skiing wasn't bad either. What could be better??



Plein air painting at dawn as Old Faithful erupts. A private showing....
Quite a different scene from the summer crowds!



A close up of my painting in progress (and my 'well-traveled' and 'well-used' box).


The bridge over the Firehole River - into another world!
Giant Geyser - aptly named.

Sunset over Antler Peak, taken from the snowcoach on our way home.
The end of a great weekend.

No comments: