Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Births and Birds


We’ll start with the Birds….

This weekend, I’ll be exhibiting at the Montana Audubon Bird Festival in Bozeman Montana – along with my good friend Carol Guzman. Stop by and see us! There’s also a lot of birding field trips and speakers planned if you like to join in the festivities. For more info, click here.

At the Bird Festival, I'll have a variety of my bird pencil drawings and bird oil paintings. I've been working on a pelican painting - What fun! Here's a preview of my color study that you can see up close and personal at the Bird Fest. My current work in progress...
 
Our Yellowstone Zoo
- photos from our property -
Absolutely gorgeous birds visiting this time of year here. And I've been lucky enough to get some good photos.
Lazuli Bunting
 
 
Western Tanager
We've had a small flock around our property for several days now.
A treat to watch... and photograph!
And now for our birth announcement-
Pronghorns were just born across the Yellowstone River from us. If you’d been reading my blog for sometime, you’ll know this isn’t "our first". But it’s ALWAYS so exciting! And this year, we watched 2 pronghorn mothers give birth. One to twins and one to a single fawn.

WARNING – The following photos may seem graphic to some.
Proceed with caution.
This year I was ready and waiting with my camera - so the photos 'tell it all'....
 



 



 
 
The second pronghorn mother's birth was harder and took a lot longer.
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
I took most of these from my deck and some out our living room window. I know - not many are lucky enough to witness something as amazing as this. And we see it right out our windows. We truly live in an absolutely incredible spot.

No comments: