Wednesday, February 26, 2014

An art equation....

Who says artists don't like math?

My subject in the archives of the Yellowstone Heritage and Research Center - an American Marten.

+


My tools.

=
The beginning....


The end.
American Marten pencil drawing  22" x 24"  by Shirl Ireland
 
Our Yellowstone Zoo
- photos from our windows -
 
We've been watching wolves - probably the 8 Mile Pack - from our scope we have set up inside. It's mating season for wolves, so it's often a good time to spot them.
Today, I tried to get some photos....
I know, they're pretty rough. I find photographing through a scope tricky, but I'll keep trying.
 
The following photos were much easier to get....straight out the window, no scope involved. 
We've been watching a lot of bison out the windows.


Often, a gathering of elk AND bison lately.
Elk in the foreground with bison in the background.

Pronghorn antelope have been wandering through as well.

 
And many ducks stopping by - this one is a female mallard duck.
The usual late winter menagerie.


No comments: