Monday, May 27, 2013

A Holiday post

As an artist 'Holidays' generally don't mean much here. Art is 'my life', not just 'my work'. So yes, I still got up before dawn and headed into Yellowstone to paint this morning. But that will be for another post....

Since it's a Holiday, I thought I'd get off the subject of Art and post about how our greenhouse is growing. I had mentioned in an earlier post this year, that we were building a greenhouse. Thought this could be a good time to follow up on that subject.

A special Holiday post.
A good one to kick off summer....
 
Our first red tomato ripening in our greenhouse.

Can you see the red tomato in there?
The greenhouse is already getting 'pretty bushy'!
 
We're pretty excited about our new greenhouse so far. In Montana, to have a red tomato (and a Brandywine heirloom at that!) on Memorial Day is a reason to celebrate!
 
We have many more green tomatoes and lots of other veggies and herbs started.

A butternut squash in the greenhouse.
 
A watermelon

I had to mix in some flowers just for the fun of it.


 
Happy Memorial Day!
Hope it's the start of a fabulous summer for you.

And of course, if you have plans to visit Yellowstone this summer - give us a call. We'd love to have you stop by - and hopefully share some of our ripe tomatoes!







No comments: