Saturday, January 12, 2013

Progress is being made

Someone recently described us as" a pair of busy beavers". That might be pretty close. I know it's winter, but there's no grass growing under our feet here!
 
An update on the studio progress....

John working on the new studio space.
Great high ceilings! That's John on the ladder in the back - (for scale).
The logs are going up...with some encouragement from John.

Our Yellowstone Zoo...
photos from the windows

This time of year we see bald eagles often here. I've been 'chasing them'...with my camera. I liked these 'abstract' shots....









 
 
Eagles often settle in the trees on the other side of the Yellowstone River to look for fish.... 
 
 
 


So I thought that would do it for today, but just as I was about to post this blog I glanced out the window over my computer...
 
And there was more to add to our Yellowstone Zoo!
this is as close to a web cam as I can get.

These photos were taken just moments ago - shot right out the windows of my office.
 
First I saw a herd of pronghorn - about 25 wandering through.....

Then, this elk on the ridge, followed by about 9 more behind her....

 
 
And as I had my camera out taking the above photos, here comes the eagle again over the Yellowstone River.
 
 
We'll call that a 'Trifecta" and THAT should do it for today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are beautiful photos!! Such amazing wildlife you have around you!

Shirl said...

Thanks, Victoria. We do have AMAZING wildlife outside our windows. Living here, I keep my camera handy! I was just posting our "lunch time show"....an eagle catching a fish out of the Yellowstone River!