Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A hard day at the 'office'...

Yesterday, I was off to Yellowstone Lake to paint...with a kayak. I've always liked to combine kayaking and painting. My set up fits well in my boat and it gives me the opportunity to get a different vantage point. I've painted right from my kayak many, many times, but this time I paddled to a beautiful little beach on the shore. It does make it easier when the boat's not rocking!
A small study of Yellowstone Lake on my plein air easel - with the Lake in the background.


When  you're in Yellowstone there's a lot to see...

Some photos of my other sites along the way.

A Grizzly at the edge of the river.

A Great Blue Heron and Raven stand off.
A Great Blue Heron with an attitude.

They all scatter....
Catching a beautiful sunset on the way home.

All in a days work.....

No comments: