Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Yellowstone Squared

Oh, I've been having fun with my Yellowstone Squared project this week. Some computer issues (that have been resolved!) kept me from posting them as I went. So here's a quick catch up on some of my painting spots from the week....


My easel set up at Lower Falls Lookout
 I timed this one perfect. I got there before the sun came up and painted frantically as it just hit the top of the falls. Gorgeous colors there! By the time the light was to the bottom of the falls, I was done.

Lower Falls Lookout  6" x 6"  plein air  oil  by Shirl Ireland

Confluence - Soda Butte and Lamar  6" x 6"  plein air  oil  by Shirl Ireland

I painted this from an overlook up a VERY steep hill - feels even steeper when I'm lugging my easel up it. But, man, it was worth it! Cranes were calling and bison were grunting....
A large bison herd was wandering through.... Great sound effects while I was painting!
  One of the grand geysers of Yellowstone. It's hour long eruption has several phases. A spot I love to be at, as the sun comes up....

Great Fountain Geyser  6" x 6"  plein air  oil  by Shirl Ireland


No comments: