Thursday, October 22, 2009

Plein Air in Yellowstone Park....

I went into the Park today and 'painted like a wild woman'! Dunraven Pass has closed and more roads will be closing soon, so the taste of painting in some of the more remote areas of the Park is particularly sweet right now. They will be inaccessible until Spring. The end is near. So I savor these adventures. And it's always an adventure, painting outside at this time of year in the Park. The weather can change in minutes... and it did! I saw beautiful fall weather to blustery winter weather. Today I painted under cloudy skies, sunny skies AND was snowed on. I painted Yellowstone Lake, while a herd of bison roamed the shore. I painted in Hayden Valley while an eagle soared overhead and I painted in heavy snow in the area of the Ice Lake trail. It was a good day!

No comments: