Tuesday, February 17, 2009


Friends are good! We especially need ones that are a bad influence on us. You see, we have a tendency to work a lot - and forget that time away from the studio is needed every now and then. Friends help to lure us out. The carrot they put in front of our nose yesterday... how about taking the snow coach into Yellowstone to Indian Creek and ski the trails. It was a beautiful day. There's a warming hut and some groomed trails, so it's quite 'cushy' back country skiing. How could we say no? BUT, since I know that area and like it a lot for painting - I also brought my painting gear. So I got to ski AND paint a quick sketch. A good day was had by all. I highly recommend the trip. And with the warming hut, even if the weather is bad, it can be a great day out.
Our 'postcard' from the day......

Warming Hut 8"x10" plein air oil on linen panel

No comments: